Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



07 April 2011

Other Things I've Been Playing With

One of the Ravelry groups I post a lot in had an auction for Japan, and I donated six modular orgami boxes. Five of them are folded in the first photo.
Two of them have twisted flower-like shapes on the outside, but some of them are like that on the inside instead, so I took a picture of the insides of tops and bottoms after I had folded the sixth box.


The Pi shawl that lives on the back of my computer chair needed a good wash, so I soaked it and rinsed and reblocked it. Blocking is a lot easier now I have these mats - each mat is 18 inches square, so you can get an idea how big the shawl is.

And in the spirit of finishing things I've had hanging around for years, I've been working on this spa washcloth I started two years ago.
I am finally to the point of knitting-on the last border. I have one last corner to turn, and then I'll graft the last eight stitches to the edge and it will be DONE.

I might need to knit a couple more little Nieblings to celebrate!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Congratulations! Finishing things is a very good feeling :)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Beautiful things you've been playing with.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

The origami boxes are very cool and that cloth looks amazing! Definitely worth finishing.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Love your comment about the solemn stating of "lost art". We hear it too...still...over and over...
Putting you on my inspiring blog list. I'm a tatter primarily but do lots of other "lost art" stuff too.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Well done on (nearly) finishing the wash cloth! And washing your Pi Shawl! And making gorgeous boxes for Japan ... you talented thing you!

I'm knitting my second Pi Shawl at the moment ... need to get back to it, now the weather is cooling down.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Cool Guy said...

Beautifull , the cloath looks amazing , you are talented . your blog is nice i enjoyed reading your posts , nice pictures . Keep up the good work , Take care .

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter