Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



08 June 2011

Doily with Sharp Pointy Teef!

Well, this is verrry interesting!Here is the original photo of Figure 78, a blobby center and rather snowflake-like points.

I used nylon crochet cord and twelve pins to block it out to a similar six-pointed star shape.

And that's when I saw it! Do you see it?Or am I imagining them?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

I don't see!! Waaaaah!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Are you talking about the tulip like flowers? They're beautiful. It's a gorgeous doily. Although I have to admit when I first saw the title, I thought it said DOLLY with sharp teeth and thought of a Dracula doll!

8:09 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Ooo - it's a spider doing the mazurka with two cheeky bunnies - right?

4:19 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

I'm not sure what you are seeing but with, Donna Lee's helpful comment, I can see the flower from the center reaching down to the edge. It almost looks like the flower is in a garden of lower flowers.

Amazing what a difference in blocking can create.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I'm thinking of a Monty Python reference, and I do indeed see a fierce killer rabbit there with his nose at the center ^. With sharp, pointy teeth. Very lovely doily.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter