Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 August 2011

After Glöckchen, What?

Yes, Glöckchen is finally done and starched and blocked! Ta da!

This is one of those wonderful Niebling patterns, with no mistakes in the chart, no binding or ruffling to block out, just flowers and leaves standing out against a half-acre of hex mesh.
But you gotta admit, Glöckchen is a pretty hard act to follow.

One more glamour shot:


How can you top that?

How about with butterflies?

I was ready to leave for work when I saw these pretty things out nectaring on the swamp milkweed. It was a very hot and humid day, and they fluttered their wings even as they rested on the flowers.

These are Spicebush Swallowtails, Papilio troilus (aka Pterourus troilus). Some days nothing makes me feel older than trying to keep up with current nomenclature.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Words fail me when I try to say how seriously amazed and impressed I am with your lace knitting. It's downright stunning! What could possibly follow that tour de force? Knowing you, you will DESIGN a doily with lace butterflies! Bravo! Wahoo! And congratulations on a job well done!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

It is just so beautiful!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

WOW!!!! That is amazingly gorgeous! LOVE IT.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Glöckchen is wonderful.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter