Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 February 2006

Never Mind My Blog, Go Read Meg's

Meg's Blog: I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do!

Editted to add: Unfortunately, Meg decided to take her excellent and entertaining blog down. So I hope you went straight there when I first posted this!

Besides Valentine hearts, I did a bit of knitting on the weekend.



Godzilla is back there holding up the edge of the circular knitting needle for me. Or maybe he's trying to keep warm.

The blurry white "thing" on top of the smoke ring is a another little moss-stitch face cloth. I made myself one before, but at only about four inches square, it's really too little. So this is to be a bigger one. I use plain crochet cotton to make a scrubby-texture cloth that is sort of like a washable loofah (luffa, however you like to spell it). I love using the one I have in the shower, and I'd like another so I can use one and wash one.

What about the two-socks-at-once? They are taking a break while I work out whether I want the spiral-rib cuffs to spiral the same way, or opposite ways. (That "sproing" noise is the clockwork in my brain creaking under the strain.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alwen! I just noticed this post - thank you, I am overwhelmed you would do that for me.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a pair of spiral-rib socks for a friend's Christmas present once. They go opposite ways. Another friend, who practices Reiki therapy and therefore thinks about "energies" a lot (yes, she does yoga and has tape recordings of Tibetan singing bowls, too) looked at them and commented, "You'll have to remember to ask [recipient] whether the energy feels different depending on whether she wears them converging or diverging."

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blues and purples in the smoke ring! Mmmm, that looks very cozy.

Also, I'm enjoying Meg's blog too, she's very funny!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter