Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



26 April 2006

Green Pi

Yesterday stayed chilly, in the 50's, even after the rain stopped. Chilly and damp, a good day to nurse a very small fire in the soapstone stove and knit! So I did.

I am out to the 144 stitch round on the green Pi doily, following the instructions in Knitter's Almanac. I need to look in my knitting books and find a lace pattern for this round. Twenty-four round of plain stockinette will not keep me awake.

The thread is an old ball of Lily Mills "Glo-Tone" mercerized cotton. I just found the ball band inside the ball yesterday. How old is it? Well, the Montgomery Wards price tag on it says 45 cents!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Montgomery Wards! Wow, if the price didn't date it the store certainly did! How long have they been out of business? 10, 15 years? You must be so proud of yourself for using up all those loose ends! Bravo!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter