Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



16 July 2006

Weddings are Fun, but I'm Tired!

Whew. I was matron (doesn't that title make me feel old!) of honor in my brother's wedding on Saturday, and between a couple of days of driving back and forth for the rehearsal and the wedding, and today's 90-ish summer heat, [fanning self] I'm really tired! Thank goodness for air conditioning to at least dry out the summer heat.

It was as nice a wedding as it could be, considering that the heat was in the high 80's to low 90's. I saw and talked to a lot of the relatives on my mother's side of the family that doesn't get together very much, including my cousin's new baby, awwww.

I'm hoping to catch up on my email and newspaper, on moderating my Yahoo groups, and maybe to get to the "Sampler M" knitting by this evening.

I did do some wedding-related knitting -- I knitted up a pair of quick dishcloths, those "two strands of Knit-Cro-Sheen" weight cloths. My family seems to really like the lighter weight of those compared to a cloth knitted using the heavier "dishcloth weight" cotton. I think it's that Michigan humidity -- a heavy dishcloth stays damp for a longer time and is more likely to grow stinky bacterial cultures, where a thinner, lighter-weight one dries more quickly and is less likely to. There's nothing like a dishcloth that is scootching around the kitchen by itself to put you right off cooking!

So back to my regular life (and posting schedule, I hope) tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter