Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 December 2006

Christmas Exchange Ornament

I forgot to get a picture of the snowflake I tatted in silver DMC embroidery thread for the West Michigan Lace Group exchange Monday night, but at least that reminded me to take a picture of this knitted "Swirl Ball", my exchange ornament for the fiber arts guild meeting.

The pattern, Copyright (c) Eve Clevenger 1999, can be found here at the Knitlist free pattern page.

In exchange, I got Jennifer Gould's Santa (or elf) ornament. The flash really washes out his expression, but it's too dark here today to get a picture without the flash. I wish you could see how lively the eyes look in real life! They are amazing.

Yesterday's Latvian mitten post is a hard act to follow when I've done hardly any knitting lately. I got a couple of rows knitted on the blue waffle scarf, bound off the swirl ball, and that's about it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bells said...

cute ornaments!

I wanna see tatting!! I wanna see tatting!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter