Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



20 September 2007

Prize in Progress

One of the dangers of being a practitioner of lost arts is that there are so many of them waiting for the searchlight of my attention to shine upon it.

Fingerloop braiding, chair caning, nalbinding, different ways of netmaking -- I'll get around to every one in time, but sometimes I feel like that donkey hesitating in the middle of a ring of tasty hay bales!

So. I swatched one of the netting patterns, treble Diamond netting, in The Ladies' Knitting and Netting Book: First Series, with an eye to using it in the bag that's going out to psammeadred.

But I decided at the size I'm working, the quadruple-size hole would just be too big. So this one is going to be a plain netted bag with fingerloop drawstrings.

About six more rounds or so will finish it.

I'm slightly slowed down by the start of school, otherwise known as "Cold of the Month Club". Yes, the child has already brought home the first cold of the school year.

I'm hopeful that heating up chicken soup won't keep me from finishing the last courses so I can mail this out by tomorrow. We'll see!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Yes, the "Beginning of School" annual cold can definitely slow one down. I've finally reached a spot in my net bag where I don't have to think much -- what a blessing.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter