Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



13 November 2007

Great Heavens

20 stitches per inch? Hah. Last night I went to my West Michigan Lace Group meeting, and one of the members, a doctor, said he knitted Marianne Kinzel's "Rose of England" teacloth and it came out 18 inches in diameter.

Now he's starting the larger cloth. Using 200/2 bobbin lace thread and wire used in the cardiology unit that is 0.014" in diameter (about 0.25 mm).

I hate him.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gr8lakesgrrl said...

LOL! Oh man, thank you, that was my first really good laugh today!

He's probably really nice too, isn't he? That's the most annoying thing about those over-achievers, they're so damn good at everything! Then, just when you're ready to slap them they say something really complimentary. Bitches.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Holy smokes, Batman!

I thought I was nuts, the time I knit a doily on quad-zeros and it came out the size of a coaster.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Yeah, actually I like him a lot. He's one of those obsessive types who reminds me of myself.

But he sure let the air out of my 20-per-inch balloon in a hurry!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Antonia Cornwell said...

He probably rips the limbs off small animals in his shed. (I just Googled the Rose of England to see what it looked like: blimey.)

I'm still a fumbling novice at knitting who makes holes in her work: I love blogs like yours that show flawless progress on brilliant things. Your mittens are fab. I may have to have a crack at the miniature knitting, too, once I find my glasses.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

I don't think he needs small animals -- I looked him up and he's a cardiovascular surgeon.

Knitting your basic microscopic teacloth is probably how he relaxes from cutting open people's chests and messing with their beating hearts . . . !

1:14 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

He is not human.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter