Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 November 2007

It's All About Meme - 38 Things Meme

I'll take Amy's "You, and you, and you, and you, and you over there, stop hiding now," as a tag.

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night.

Our son. I was listening to "All Things Considered" on NPR in the car, and I said, "All things considered? Even chickens?" because we were passing a house with chickens out in the yard.

He said, "Not chickens. Chickens aren't things." (They've been studying nouns in school.)

Me: "Chickens aren't things? What are chickens?"

Son: [considering] "Person, place, or thing -- a chicken is a person."

Me: [a guilty carnivore] "If chickens are people, that means we eat people!"

Son: [ignoring his silly mother] "All things considered, but not chickens."

Me: [laughs]

2.What were you doing at 0800?

I was picking an embroidered "B" monogram out of a linen tablecloth.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?

Sitting at the computer reading blog posts on Bloglines.

4. What happened to you in 2006?

Nothing of "bought a house, lost a job" magnitude. Lots of little stuff.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud?

"Yuck, now I have to wash the milk jug cap."

6. How many beverages did you have today?

A glass of orange juice, two cups of coffee and a mug of milk.

7. What color is your hairbrush?

The handle is dark green. It's actually a metal pin brush I bought in the pet department.

8. What was the last thing you paid for?

Lunch for our son at Dun Traigh's Fall Harvest Festival lunch tavern.

9. Where were you last night?

Where I usually am: home.

10 What color is your front door?

The inside door is gray. The storm/screen door is white.

11. Where do you keep your change?

In one of those rubbery black oval change "thingies".

12.What’s the weather like today?

BREEZY...CLOUDY. OCCASIONAL DRIZZLE. HIGHS IN THE
UPPER 40S. SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH.


(Ask a weather geek what the weather is like . . .)
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?

Whichever one I'm having at Sherman's Dairy Bar.

14. What excites you?

Autumn leaf colors. New textile history finds. Unravelling a thrift-store sweater made of yarn whose price made my eyes bleed in the yarn store.

15. Do you want to cut your hair?

What, right now? No, but I do cut it myself when I start to look like an Old English sheepdog.

16. Are you over the age of 25?

Way over, which often surprises me. However, I'm delighted to have failed to die young.

17. Do you talk a lot?

That depends. I have the introvert-ish habit of seeming quiet to people I don't know, and talking the elbows off people I know about things I love dearly.

18.

Amy's copy had no 18. I Googled the 38 Things meme and found "18. Do you watch the O.C.?" Then I had to Google to find out what the O.C. was.

No. Our TV mostly plays movies. We have an old VCR and a DVD player, but no satellite dish. Cable doesn't come down our road. My husband even took the antenna off the roof a couple of years ago because it hadn't been connected to the TV for years before that.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?

Do I get double points if I'm related to a couple of Stevens?

20. Do you make up your own words?

Not very often, but I will steal other people's made-up words, like "dinghoot" (an utter idiot) and "wimper-wipers" (windshield wipers).

21. Are you a jealous person?

Um. Yes.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "A."

Alexa.

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "K."

Kris.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?

Is this a cell phone thing?

25. What does the last text message you received say?

See number 24.

26. Do you chew on your straw?

Do I what?

27. Do you have curly hair?

The more humid, the curlier.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?

The kitchen for lunch.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?

My dear husband. Well, I love him, but he can certainly be rude.

30. What was the last thing you ate?

Some kind of strawberry granola bar. Thing.

31. Will you get married in the future?

Well, it would have to be in the future, wouldn't it? If I was getting married in the present, I wouldn't be sitting here. And I already did get married in the past.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?

Does Serenity on DVD count?

33. Is there anyone you like right now?

Do you mean "like" or "like-like"?

36. Did you cry today?

See number 32.

37. Why did you answer and post this?

Memes shed a little light on who we are, and . . . it was easy.

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.

I'm going to quote Amy: "You, and you, and you, and you, and you over there, stop hiding now. (In other words, if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged.)"

4 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Huh. No 18. Whoops. I don't watch OC either. Isn't that off the air now?

1:42 PM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

what? Serenity as in Firefly as in Joss Whedon? The things you learn about your friends.....

2:23 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

the rudest person answer made me laugh because at the very second I began to read the words, I was thinking, 'my husband.' he he

I love these things. When I run out of photos and stuff later in the week, I'm gonna do it too.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Yeah, Serenity as in Firefly. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :)

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter