Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



17 November 2007

Quick Fish Update

I'm off to a demo with other members of the West Michigan Lace Group at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum, 230 N. Rose St., Kalamazoo, MI, from noon to 4 pm today, but here is a quick update on my fish-knitting progress:

You can't really tell in the bottom picture, but I've just cast on for the fins in front.

Since this is a yarn fish that doesn't have to worry about swimming, I've merged pelvic & pectoral fins. The Fishes' Union will probably cry stereotype, but I mainly want people to recognize this as a fish and not argue fish physiology.

I just realized I'm not working on anything lacy right now -- maybe I'll bring the fish!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter