Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



15 January 2008

Am I Done Sulking Yet?

I'm not sure. But you need not suffer for it while we look for a junkyar -- er, "recycled" Honda Civic taillight lens.

(By the way, in case you should ever need to know this, clear packaging tape works fairly well to hold a shattered taillight cover together and keep you from getting a ticket.)

Here are some step photos from finishing my beaded button.

Top left, beading almost finished.

Top right, beading finished.

Bottom left, circle cut out and interfacing cut away on the back.

Bottom right, fabric gathered around the covered-button form, ready to snap the back on.

And the finished button. I meant this to be a yin-yang symbol, but I didn't realize that I should have beaded on either side of my guideline with light and dark beads, instead of beading right on the line with dark beads. So I ended up with my yin and yang out of balance.

This is probably very telling, considering how last week went.

Anyway. I see that as promised, photos have been posted from the class.

In her handout, our teacher suggested we use a "bead gravy" mix, a mix of small beads. Now I've gone and Googled "bead gravy," and uh-oh. Look at all those gorgeous colors of beads.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! I love it! Whether the yin and yang are out of whack or not, I did immediately recognize what it was, even before you said, so it can't be too bad :) I'm glad that you've found a temporary solution to the taillight problem -- I hope a used one shows up quickly!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

No.must.resist.looking.at.pretty.beads!

Your button looks great - a very cool idea!

2:46 PM  
Blogger amy said...

I'm with Rose Red. We all seem to be enabling each other to collect more and more beautiful supplies for various arts. What a gorgeous button. Absolutely beautiful, and I do love green.

2:53 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Pretty - and I'm so not listening to you about the link (fingers in ears - Lalalalalal!)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

that is so very pretty. I'm with rosered. The temptation is great. I think it's another craft I could rather get into. But I mustn't.

I can kinda see the yin yang thing. It looks lovely.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter