Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 November 2008

Gone Daft. Also, What You Get

Both Bloglines and the Blogger word verification have gone daft.

Bloglines keeps claiming that unread blogs have 200 unread posts. Each. Oh, goodie, 1432 posts to read. Please.

Lately, the Blogger word verification has gone strangely wordlike. These things amuse me more than is reasonable:

reptest
eurmsive
pacrylan (Doesn't sound like anything that comes from a sheep, does it?)
amboundi
jointlis

I've joined Julie (Samurai Knitter)'s Holiday Crafting thing-a-long (you can all thing "Thilent Night" with me now), but I'll have to mess about to put the button up. My ISP has protected its servers and denies there are any photos there, even though I can look at them with my FTP program.

If you buy either of these sets of lace knitting patterns, here is what you get. They are not books: they are sets of pattern folders. Folios, folders, folded pamphlets, or whatever you like to call them.

Kunststricken, Große und kleine Decken (BV36), is three big sheets and a booklet, all in German, in a cardstock cover. There is an extra sheet with two patterns ("Farnkraut" and "Alpenrose") with English instructions.

Six of the patterns referred to in the booklet (and with photos, le sigh! were separate pattern leaflets that do not come with this set. (I get the impresssion that BuchVerlag has lost them? Lost the rights to them? Had them right here a minute ago, now where did I do with them?)

There are 30 patterns in the form of charts, with special instructions in the small staple-bound booklet.

And yes, I did spooge around with the photos, because when these things sell through legitimate channels, surprise! They get all inspired to offer more of them out of their files, rather than feeling there is no point because every one is sharing them around on the internet.

Kunststricken Schöne historische Muster (BV40) is six more pattern leaflets. I particularly like "Susanne", which is fairly small at only 81 rounds, and "Meteor" next to it.

And now if I am going to have any knitting to show I better go do some of it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ah, yes -- that bit where to finish knitting, one must *do* knitting. But it looks like you have some fun doing to get to!

5:19 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Is that cyclonic swirl the spooge? Just want to be clear on my technical terms here.

You lace knitters are a breed apart. I will genuflect as you pass.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That is one complicated looking mess o'patterns! I guess you look at the photo and then try to decipher the chart? Or can you use the English ones to figure out what the chart means?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Dude. Stay away from Helmut. I'm begging you.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter