Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 October 2008

Dreaming Hearts

So Bells posted about Blue Lace, and asked if she was dreaming those hearts. I see them, too.

I wonder if I can work a round of hearts before I start to square the circle?

Not much knitting happened yesterday. Sunday I took advantage of the dry and sunny day to dig up my four o'clock roots and mow the grass for (I hope) the last time before snow, and my wrists and the palms of my hands are still feeling it enough to make knitting painful.

Today has turned into beautiful knitting weather: overcast, and alternating between rain and icy drizzle.

A perfect day to stay indoors, feed this pretty thing, and read and knit!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Oh that seems like a day you want to feed the oven lol:. We had the first signs of snow today - some rain turned in to white snow. Brrr, I am not prepared for this. And the weatherman said it will snow tomorrow in my area - maybe I just can stay in the bed, then I will not know if he was right lol:.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

It sounds like an absolutely perfect one, and well-deserved after all your outdoor work!

3:08 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

You are such a go and gettum girl! Love your stove, but what a lot of work to stay warm all winter. I admire, but do not seek to emulate you. I'm slug-butt lazy!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter