Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



24 October 2008

Spoiled for Choice

I'd been trying to pick out something to knit for Bell's Long Lacy Summer KAL, dithering through book after book, and finally I heard my great-grama's voice in my head, saying, "You're spoiled for choice, young lady!"

So I just picked something. It's not as though I can't pick something else later, sheesh.

This is Nr. 5 from page 42 of the Christine Duchrow book I bought at the fiber festival this summer.

Everything's Better with Purple?I overdyed some yarn with a union dye, and in order to use up the contact dye, yes, Mom, that is the t-shirt you gave me for my birthday. I needed something light-colored and cotton, and it was "Tag, you're it!" on the t-shirt.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

What? Wait, lemme see if I've got this straight... picking what to knit next doesn't actually mean that you'll never have a chance to knit all the stuff you didn't pick?!?

Brilliant!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I had a hard time,too. I thought of it as an embarassment of riches. And had the same duh moment when I realized I could knit one now and one later.....
You'd think we were smarter than that!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Spoiled for choice is right -- isn't it funny how we panic about making a choice to use up the yarn, when there's always another project waiting around the corner?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

oh i've been looking at her patterns on Rav. Most impressive.

4:24 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

"Spoiled for choice." What a wise woman your granny was. It seems to be hereditary, too. So what will this round lace thing be?

11:47 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Purple! THAT'S the other topic in your blog. Purple totally rocks! Love the T, love the yarns. Good job!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter