Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 October 2008

Fall Color Tour

We've had a couple of hot days followed by rain last night, so some of our color has fallen to the ground. I thought I'd better get out with the camera before we lost it all.

I took this picture Sunday with blueberry bushes in the foreground. The trees in the background are mostly sassafras and scarlet maple.

The trees on our property mostly turn yellow, and last night's rain brought a lot of the leaves down.

The sumac is still brilliant.
And so are the brambles.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Friends for Life
Either that, or they could smell what I was eating.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Ah fall, how I do love thee. Even the brambles look pretty.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The colors are gorgeous! Our poison oak is starting to do its red-in-fall thing -- I love this time of year. And the dog picture is classic :0

5:57 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

The photo with the blueberry bushes looks beautiful. I love fall. It's tough when it rains before I'm ready to give up on the leaves. We are just starting to see some color and I am enjoying every minute of it.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

Oh wow. Again, I say, i wanna go to Michian! Such deep colours!

5:44 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Thank you for sharing. What a treat! In the Wilamette Valley, we get grey and rain for fall. And winter. And spring. It gets greener in the spring and colder in the winter, but it's mostly grrey and rain for 9 months of the year. Sunny autumn is almost oxymoronic to me.

9:07 AM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

So beautiful photos, and your friens are so cute!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter