Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



24 September 2008

Why A Duck?

Why-a no chicken?

As usual, my husband was in charge of food for our fall get-together. Last year we had a pig roast, and when he rummaged around in the freezer last month and discovered the very last bag of roast pork in there, he decided that this year we would do something that would leave us with less left over.

So his idea for this year was "A Fowl Weekend," and he planned to roast Cornish hens, a duck, a chicken, a turkey, and a goose (but we couldn't get one).

He put them in the big roasting pan and roasted them over the fire. They were delicious.

So that's why a duck - and a chicken, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Yum. A good roast duck is a good thing :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Oh that sounds pretty tasty, so that's why a duck. Must say I wondered.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Roast goose is my husband's favorite fowl. I am not fond of it but will cook it at Christmas time for him. If I can find one. They are hard to find around here.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter