Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



25 October 2008

IOLI

I think ever since I started this blog, I've had a link to the International Old Lacers, Inc. (IOLI) in the sidebar.

That link is not working right now, and there is a sad story behind that:

Ron Soman, who years ago hosted the Tat-Chat list back when it was on Pink Pig, and who ran the IOLI webhosting service, passed away suddenly of a heart attack on October 11th. He was 37.

Ron operated simplyspace.com, pinkpig.com, internetescape.com and rawdatasource.com. If you had a website hosted by any of these domain names, right now you'll be seeing 404 errors.

Etha Schuette, who I knew through various tatting lists, has a bit more information here and there's a little more here.

Ron was one of the many people I only met virtually, back when he was the "List Mom" for Tat-Chat. He was a good guy who worked patiently with the list members, and he is missed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I'm so sorry to hear this; it sounds like he will be missed by many people!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hugs to you and all the rest who knew him - sounds like he will leave a big hole, where he was.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter