Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



26 November 2005

Double knitting

One of my current knitting passions is "double knitting". This is a handy technique whereby you can knit a tube on two straight needles. I find it especially handy for small tubes, and as an alternative to trying to balance those 8 starting stitches on 3 double-pointed needles. I keep thinking I should make myself some gloves, or tabi-inspired socks this way. (I use my feet to pick stuff up all the time, and having my big toe inside a sock feels like walking around with those thumbless baby mittens on.)

So, given what a resource the Yahoo frame_knitting group turned out to be, I just started a group for double-knitters on Yahoo.

If you double-knit, you are welcome to join, and if you are curious about the technique, you are also welcome to join! (Basically, only spammers are NOT welcome to join.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter