Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 February 2006

Before and After



Short post today. I like the "before" bookmark, before I blocked it! If only I could get it to lay like that when I block it, with the holes around the leaf edges going in a gentle curve around the edge.

I can't decide whether I like the leaves hanging down or growing upwards better.

I did figure out a cool thing to do with bookmarks I'm planning to give away, though: I scan them on the scanner, so I get a high-definition image, then print out multiple images of the scan on card stock. That way I have the real bookmark for my exchange, and an image of it to keep for myself. Now I am thinking that with the knitted ones, I could scan the knit side and the purl side, then print them out on the front and back of the card stock . . . !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter