Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 April 2006

We've Struck Cardboard!

It doesn't look much different from yesterday. I wanted to do one of those Unst-style edgings, where you switch from knitting in the round to knitting a-round, and pick up one stitch of the center as you go. However, I don't think there is enough thread left on the ball to do that, now that I have only one layer on part of the cardboard center.

I let this simmer in my brain for most of yesterday, and didn't do much knitting on it other than to finish the last row of the baby fern pattern and a plain row after. And it's still simmering in there today. I'm not sure I want to just cast off, but I can't get too fancy or I'll run out of thread. simmer simmer . . .

We had a small drumming group last night, but it was much warmer than last time! I think one of the best things about drumming is that you have to (okay, I have to) listen to the other people and try and blend in with those rhythms. The drum circle is probably the place where I get most intensely listened-to in my whole life, and where I listen the most myself. No matter how little energy I have when I show up, I always seem to leave recharged, smiling, and happy I went.

As I was typing that, coal-black, inky-black, sooty-black Truffles-dog was having a dream. I turned the flash off the camera and snuck a picture of her as her little hairy feet were twitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter