Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



22 March 2007

Blurry Fog

Between the blurry photo and the title, that about says it all. This was the view on the highway this morning.

Last night we had a thunderstorm, with a repeat performance this morning. Tuesday when my husband scheduled the car at the collision place, they had his car all day and didn't work on it. He needed it yesterday, so he had to reschedule it for today. Don't you hate when you make an "appointment" and all they do is look at your car and confirm that you have a problem with it?

Plus what a waste of gas money, to drive there and back twice, a good 30 miles each way, four trips on my Honda Odyssey Tuesday and another four today by the end of the day. *sigh*

Shortly after I took the photo, I saw twinkling red and blue police lights, and found that on the next exit ramp, a semi had taken the curved exit ramp too fast in the pouring rain and tipped entirely over and off the ramp.

Thud.

I guess my morning wasn't as bad as all that.

Yesterday I felt very restless and couldn't seem to sit and concentrate on knitting, or even on re-reading Terry Pratchett's Guards, Guards. It was mostly too rainy to go outside and work in the garden. I guess it was that thunderstorm coming. Yeah, I'll blame the storm. Anyway, I couldn't go out and garden, and I didn't do any knitting, either. I did finally finish Guards, Guards, and then I moved on to FaustEric.

Today the weather is supposed to clear up and cool down from 60-ish in the night to 40-ish by evening, and down into the lower 30's overnight.

Will I get to knit today? I guarantee nothing. Maybe Franklin sent me his black mood.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter