Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



22 September 2007

I've Been Wasting My Talents

Obviously instead of figuring out how to frame knit on needles, I should have been frame-knitting short little scarves, adding buttons, and selling them for $275 to $425.

Grf.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I am stunned. I guess it is all in the marketing.
-Punkin

10:10 PM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

i didn't even click over to the 'about us' page when i saw it on the knittyboard (in the wtf stitch is this thread). Nice.

knitting with 2 needles is undervalued, i guess.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would have thought that something as simple as that would sell for prices like that.

But, at least you can tell which colors are more popular from that site, heathered greens and browns! Gives you something to think about, that's for sure!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Holy Crap! So it's Cashmere. I can;t believe they are selling!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say WHAT?! That's it, I'm switching to knitting scarves!

5:43 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Scarves? You are KIDDING me!!! Well, Barnum was right, huh? But at least out there someone is valuign their time highly!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I didn't believe it until I followed your link. Who in their right mind would pay that much for a scarf? A short, plain scarf. The buttons are a nice touch but unless they are solid gold, I don't think so.

8:25 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Well, I don't even think I have the words to say anything but OMG, cashmere or not, I'd like to meet the people buy them, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I need to sell. Jeeeesh! incredible.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter