Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



22 January 2008

And Remember the Plan?

The plan from yesterday?

"Tuesday and Wednesday: Child in school. (I hope.) Husband at work. (I hope.)"

Change that to read:

Tuesday: child at home, school closed for another snow day. (Webcams here and here.) Husband home after about an hour at work to look all over the house for his military ID, which he needs to insert in his computer at work in order to get into applications he uses. (From past experience, it will show up in the back of his car twenty minutes after he replaces it.)

Score: weather and people at home, 11,000. Introvert: 0.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I hate that it is too cold for my husband and daughters to go biking/camping or anything outdoors. I miss my alone time. He keeps going on about "spending the weekend together" and I keep thinking "but I want to be alone for a while". What's a little cold, slushy rain? They could get out there and conquer the elements, right?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Georgie said...

Grrr. I feel your pain.

4:33 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Yup - feel the pain - and I dress like you in our not-nearly-as-cold weather!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

This introvert totally sympathizes!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter