Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



23 January 2008

No School Today

Yet another snow day partly due to lake effect snow, but primarily due to blowing and drifting. I returned some library books last night, and I mainly drive north about fifteen miles to the library. Those north-south roads were already drifting at 7pm.

So my "Get the kid off to school, feed the dogs and the fish, and write a blog post" routine turned into a "Let the kid sleep in, help the kid feed the dogs, shovel the bottom of the driveway that the big slant plow filled in, and rake the roof edges" routine. Wahoo.

My back and shoulders are protesting. "Hey, we didn't know you were going to make us work! Sheesh!"

So what you get is a couple of pictures of Ajax, the golden dog. I sat down to pull my legwarmers, the ragg wool ones I re-knitted last winter, over my jean legs. I got one on, then this happened:

When he was a tiny barely-weaned 10-pound puppy, he used to curl up on my feet when I stood at the sink and washed dishes. Awwww.

Unfortunately (at least from his point of view) now that he weighs over 100 pounds, my feet are no longer big enough to curl up on. So he has to take what he can get.

Seconds after I took this shot, he shifted position.

"You're going outside, aren't you? Can I come?"

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger tatt3r said...

How can you resist those beautiful dog eyes? You can see he simply adores you!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

he's beautiful. Who can resist the doggy eye-contact?

6:16 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Those are great photos. What a gorgeous puppy. And how can you resist the Soulful Look?

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legwarmers? he he. I love it.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh my goodness...look at that sweet puppy face!!! How can you not let him curl up on your feet? Even if he kind of crushes them...

9:28 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Cute doggie - how can you resist!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Is he named after Ajax, the Golden Dog of the book of the same name? I love that book, I read it to my children last year and it was just as good as I remembered. Your pup is a sweetie. I love big dogs.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter