Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



26 May 2010

Special Delivery

Last week on Ravelry, I noticed a little conversation on the Michigan Fiber Festival group about whether or not copies of the festival's Fiberline magazine had been taken to the yarn shop near me.

I am about in the middle between Marr Haven Wool Farm, where the magazines were, and Needle in a Haystack down in South Haven, so I volunteered to pick them up and run them into town.

Moments after I parked and got out of my car, Barb and Gene Marr's Merino Rambouillet sheep decided to move from the barn way out into the field. But I zoomed in on them and took their pictures anyway.

Don't they look sleek, all sheared for the summer heat we're having?

And this is the shop, lots of yarn mule-spun from the sheep, locker-hooking kits, felting supplies, and other fiber-y things. The picture is clickable, for a better view.

I had a great time talking with Barb about sheep and the fiber festival and the crazy weather we've been having. Friday was my favorite weather, mostly overcast and not so hot, and the sheep liked it, too.

By Sunday, it was so hot the baby robins were panting.
Monday it hit 89 F (32 C) here. In May. In MAY!

And today, I looked out at the nest and saw this: "Hey! Where'd everybody go?"

I would have posted earlier, but our power was out from 9:30 am until about 2 pm.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Looks like a nice trip you had, nothing beats talking wool and fiber with experts :-) And oh the little Robin, so cute!! Yes the weather sure is strange... One day there is spring - with 8C, next day it is summer - with 20C, and inbetween we have nights with below 0C.. Not a good one for the flowers.. But then, I don't have many of them afterall :-))

6:31 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

What a sacrifice you made - taking those magazines all the way to the - yarn shop! Hey, any excuse to go to a yarn stoe is a good excuse.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hot and muggy. Eewww... I'm guessing that's what I'm in for this weekend, too? I wonder... But I can see why you volunteered to get those magazines - what a lovely drive!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What a nice thing to do. And how cool that you got to engage in some fiber conversation. That was a bonus. The weather has been so bizarre this spring/summer. Actually, since the winter when we got inundated with snow. Can't wait to see what summer brings.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter