Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



27 May 2010

A Walk with Panoramic View

I was reading old posts on Antonia's blog while I was sick, and she mentioned this cool program called Autostitch. It automatically takes your adjacent photos and stitches them together without leaving a messy blur where they overlap.

As soon as I felt a bit better, I took a walk with the camera along the path I keep mowed and took some overlapping pictures.

Here is our son walking south ahead of me, very self-conscious.

If you turn left just past the tree, you come to our fire pit. My husband decided the fire ring was too big and made it smaller, but the extra rocks haven't all been dragged away yet.

This is looking back at the house. No, we can't see the house when we camp out in our back yard.

If you take the path to the left of the fire pit and turn back, this is what you see.

And if you follow that path to the top of the rise and look back again, here is my mossy path I love so much.

When you come out of the trees, you're on a hot, sandy hillside. It was hot dry sand and some moss when we moved here, but slowly the grass is taking hold.

This is the south end of the loop, already looking green and overgrown. I'll have to take a picture later in the summer when the grass and the goldenrod is nearly as high as my head!

The only drawback to these pictures is that Blogger wants to post teeny tiny versions of them, and I had to hink around with Picasa to make them post bigger. But Autostitch sure is a fun way to show a wider-angle view!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Norm Deplume said...

My new camera's software will stitch photos together but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for reminding me to try that out.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

That's really awesome! Thank you for sharing both the program thingy and the great views of your land.

The green is balm for mine eyes.

10:25 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Now that is something I need to try out, thank you so much for sharing the link! Lovely photos you have here, you really live in the countryside too :-)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for the walk. It was lovely. I'm looking forward to another when the goldenrod is in bloom.

8:49 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Verdure! Nature! And I love the mowed path. Do you have a tractor, or do you push the walk-behind all the way around?

9:09 AM  
Blogger amy said...

That's pretty cool!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

these are such gorgeous photos! What a beautiful part of the world you live in Alwen!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Walden said...

Wonderful pictures!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

beautiful! you live in a lovely spot. I will have to try that stitching tool sometime.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What a beautiful walk. How green everything is already.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Very cool. The last I heard of photo stitching I was working on an automated visual printed-circuit-board inspector. This is much more fun. And I love your back yard.

(My verification string is gymantl, as in "a klutz like me can never aspire to the coveted gymantl.")

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely, Alwen!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter