Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



05 June 2010

Egg Shells

This is what I found when I went outside after the rain stopped: empty egg shell halves.I'm not 100% sure, in that I haven't seen the parent wrens feeding babies off the nest so far, but since I didn't find broken eggs or dead baby birds, I think they had either already left the nest, or were big enough to leave the nest when Mr. Stumpy came squelching down.

The entrance hole was along the curve to the upper right of the first photo. My first fear was that the hole was smack against the grass, but the curve of the tree left it open.

So now my main task is to get a couple of hundred pounds of sodden rotten wood off my grass.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

It's amazing how much wood weighs. It doesn't look that heavy but sometimes it's so dense. We had to move some hickory and that stuff is so heavy.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No way - you have baby raptors hiding in your yard

7:23 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Hmmm... That's a big load of wood to get off the lawn. But those eggs do look legitimately deserted, which could be good news.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

I've been finding halves of pigeon eggs all over the sidewalk here in the city. It's kind of cool.

Robins' eggs in the Botanical Gardens.

Sorry you have to move a lot of sodden wood. Bleh.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter