Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



04 June 2010

Mr. Stumpy Falls Down

I haven't posted about Mr. Stumpy, the giant dead stump in our side yard, for a long time. You can see him here and here in November of 2006, again here and here in December of 2006, twice more in 2007, and I haven't posted about him since!

Our son just came out of the bathroom and said, "Did you know half of that big dead tree fell down?"



At that moment, it started to rain really hard. So I couldn't go out and try to see if the nest of house wrens that had been in the side now face down on the grass were okay or not. It's been nearly a week since I first saw the parents feeding them. They might have fledged and left the nest. crosses fingers

2 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

That was a BIG dead tree!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

I remember Mr. Stumpy.

We have wrens in the box the bluebirds were using. The bluebirds fledged, the wrens moved in. They're just finishig laying their eggs.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter