Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



27 November 2005

Fresh-baked Bread



Here is my "lost art" of the day. I added up the cost of making bread once years ago, including everything from the flour to the cost of the electricity for the oven, and came out at about 28 cents a loaf, not including my labor. For the price, I get a house that smells great and a week's worth of homemade bread for toast and sandwiches. Even if the cost of everything has doubled since then, I come out money ahead, and pleasure ahead. There is truly nothing like a thick steaming slice of very fresh bread with real butter!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that looks very yummy :).

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter