Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 November 2005

One advantage of double knitting


The ability to do tiny tubes in small thread without the double-pointed knitting needle losing its balance and sliding out of the work!

This tiny Christmas stocking was the last of a series I made as exchange gifts last year. The rainbow tube was the first tiny tube I worked, the one that made me realize the potential of double knitting. Both were knitted on the size 000's from the Susan Bates "sock set", which comes with 5 each of size 1, 0, 00, and 000. They have the "Silvalume" finish which has not chipped or worn off so far. Both the stocking and the little tube are made of crochet cotton, size 10.

Our digital camera seems to be losing its focus. I used to be able to get sharp pictures using it, and I'm not doing anything different. Fresh batteries don't help! So I apologize for the poor picture quality. Maybe St. Nicholas will bring me a new one. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter