Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 January 2009

Inching Along

Like most ribbings, the sock ribbing is going slowly. I'm trying to get myself to knit at least a half-inch a day on one sock or the other, so I can see the end in sight.

It looks like the yarn is going to run out before the cuffs are the length I like. Fortunately one of the skeins of Regia that I overdyed purple looks pretty good next to this yarn, and I'm willing to knit non-matching sock tops that will be under my jeans most of the time.

This was going to be a longer post, but we have some "life happens" stuff to go deal with.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

The socks rock! The life happens stuff usually sucks. Well, as we know, there is no gravity. The whole world sucks. We just need to rise above it.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

The purples are great. I hope the life events even themselves out soon.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The socks look great! I hope that the life happening that's happening works out all right.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Very pretty indeed. Hope the "life happens" stuff gets straightened out soon!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

oh so pretty. I like those a lot. It's funny how sometimes we just have to realise that unless we knit it, these things don't inch along very fast at all!

Hope stuff is ok?

9:26 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

love the colours - and hope the real life stuff sorts itself out soonest
xxox s

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter