Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



25 August 2010

Catch-Up Post

Let's see, the month of August in a couple of sentences:

I came home from work Thursday night after I posted to the news that our well pump was not working.

Over the next week and a half, my dad helped me mess around with the cursed thing, buying parts, digging slit trenches in a typical Michigan August heat wave (heat plus high humidity) and eventually replacing both the pressure tank and the pump/motor itself, not to mention a whole lot of old connecting hose in the well pit.

All of this during the latest incredible hatch of mosquitoes.

This has really been a summer for them here, unbelievable numbers of mosquitoes swarming and whining around you so you can literally slap once and kill them five at a time. The ones that really get me are the little ones that fly under my glasses and bite me on the eyelid!

Last week was a week of catching up with mowing, laundry and dishes, and taking blissful hot showers, followed by a weekend at the Michigan Fiber Festival.

Now that I can pretend to have caught up, I'll try to sneak back to more regular posts!

4 Comments:

Blogger Virginia G said...

Hi! Sorry about your well pump and the mosquitoes. But the fiber festival sounds like fun. :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

When you die, you will go straight to heaven. God does not make you go through hell twice. Sounds as if you get to be dehydrated AND anemic. Boy, you sure know how to have fun.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Our mosquitos have been especially nasty this year. I blame the wet spring and early summer. They're a little better with the dry weather we've had lately but still seem to be out in record numbers.

Glad you got the pump working. What a job that was.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I loathe mosquitoes! I react so badly to their bites, too - it's almost worse than poison oak, and that's saying something. I hope the fix worked :)

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter