Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



21 July 2010

the Broad Arrow, and the Diamond

Preserved for 355 years in the wonderful medium of print, I now present to you

the Broad Arrow, and the Diamond


I knew that I still didn't have that fifth row quite right. This morning one of those rays of light hit me . . . what if the instructions were wrong in this certain particular way . . .?

HA!


By Hannah, I think I've got it!

(Rita, I've sent you an email to the pattern source.)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, congratulations! That's always a wonderful feeling, and the results look great.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Virginia G said...

That is seriously cool looking.

6:51 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Wow what a great result!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That's supreme confidence (well deserved) in your abilities. I would just keep trying over and over because I would assume the mistake was mine....

8:11 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

You, my dear, are absofrickinglutely awesome!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Walden said...

Wow, that is another crafting thing I would love to learn! It looks great!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Olivia said...

excellent persistence, congratulations!! woohoo!

I notice you are getting the same spam as me (the comment above mine, with dozens of hyperlinks in the dots) I delete them as soon as I can but don't know what to do about it.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter